Monday 7 February 2011

My last letter.

I've been thinking about the actual last time I wrote a letter and it was when my friend was in Afghanistan. He's in the RAF and was posted over there on another 6 month tour. He was appealing to friends and family to send him and the other guys in his regiment letters or things to keep them amused, no matter how random so I sent him a letter and a copy of a Chris Moyles audio book.


(Pic courtesy of mod.uk)

My point is that the forces and their family and friends are the main group I know who still write letters to one another. There's a romance that surrounds couples separated by circumstance where they write letters of longing for one another and when you see people reunited after all the risk and separation it's pretty intense and amazing.

Who did you write your last letter to and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment