Wednesday 23 February 2011

Moving house!

My friend just moved to Huddersfield and text me last night to pass on her new address. Back in the day you would have got one of those cute little cards with a house on the front with 'We've Moved!' or something written on the front but now it's a text. Understandably, this avoids postage and stationery costs but isn't half as nice or as handy to keep with all your address books.  I normally forget to write it down and end up ringing the person to ask for it again.

So I've decided to write her a letter so not only does she get nice post at her new address but then I feel less like texts are replacing EVERY interaction that we have.

One of my oldest friends bought a house last year and althought she lives  five minutes walk away she posted me one of those cards just for the sake of having nice post (she's one of us ;) hee hee)

I can't say that I'll definitely post loads of cards when I have a house because a lot of us are cash strapped these days but I like to think I'll do a few at least. So what do/would you do? Card or text? Answers ona  postcard ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment